CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Battle!: The Super Junior Rankings

Something that amuses me too much to say: American Wota has Super Junior ranker. What? XD No seriously, American Wota has a Super Junior ranker. Now, for some of you, you might not understand the humour in this, but a wota, in Japan, is generally the middle aged men who salivate over teenage girl idols, the likes of Morning Musume and AKB48. They buy singles, albums, photobooks, ect~ Perves, but loyal perves. Sort of like elves I guess. Except male. And like 30-50.

So the presence of a Super Junior ranker on this sight suggests to me one of two things: either 1. ELF is now actually classified as a wota group or 2. this is international recognition that Super Junior is indeed a girl group. Or a girl majority group.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

Anyways, through a series of battles, I deduced my favourites properly and decided to write them up: it's overblown and stupid, but hey, it passes the time 8D It's not quite as good as Hello!Blogs Morning Musume, C-ute and Berryz Koubou ranking poll, in that it doesn't give you a result image, but it does have the advantage that, unlike the poll, if you don't think about it too much and and don't try and work it to come out how you like, there can be a few surprises, like the ones I got. (Hover over images for quick comments as ever)



Verdict: No Talent. Tweedle dum



13. HeeChul

No surprises for anyone who knows me. However, I can admit, when it came to clicking between him and SungMin, I almost clicked tie. And that's a big fucking step forward for me XD I feel like I've turned a corner or something >_>; A few months ago, had you asked me to kick a boy out, I would have said Rella, no problem, but recently I wouldn't kick any of 'em. He can be entertaining I suppose. And it's fun to watch his hair spazz. And his line in Thirst isn't.....awful, I guess.....


Bunnys were cute WHEN YOU WERE FIVE



12. SungMin

I would have though he would have been one higher, but honestly, this low, it makes little difference. I can't honestly say if my nearly picking tie between him and Chul was Chul growing on me, or Min falling. I like his voice, but everything else is just so..... ><' Eurgh, annoying to me. The pink. The cute. It's too much. Angie, I think, once said he looked like a drowned rat, and I'm inclined to agree honestly. His voice is his saving grace, but honestly, I think it's... Big Bang's Taeyang who sounds like him, and is much better looking, so really, I don't need Min.


Boring as he looks. Tweedle dee



11. KiBum

I expected him one lower. Bland boy. Bland voice. Bland personality. Bland looks. Just bland.


Apparently, I hated him without knowing it.



10. DongHae

This... I admit was one of the shocks. >> I'm aware DongHae isn't one of my absolute favourites, but hell, I didn't think he'd be this far down. I mean he's almost like one of the most talented members, since he's strong in every area, which is usually a strong criteria for my favourites... I mean he's a good singer. Okay so he's nasally..... but he's a good dancer! But Hyuk, ShinDong and Han are better and he took a dance part that really should have been Han's or DongHee's in Don't Don...... but he's a good actor! ... but who really needs another actor when we already have Shiwon and KiBum holding that down? The point is, I like DongHae a lot less than I did when I started this paragraph.


Tyra Banks with extra Estrogen



9. RyeoWook

This....seems about right to me. He has a voice, I respect that. Physically, I just don't get the attraction... he's too girlish to be good looking for a guy I think. I mean, he tried to man it up for Don't Don, but just came off, as the comedy fansub says, like Tyra Banks in disguise 8D FIRECE! But seriously, his voice can grate, and I guess the appeal just doesn't reach to me.


Likeable



8. ShinDong

Having never tried to rank SuJu properly before, I wasn't sure where ShinDong, as one of the members I neither adore nor hate would end up. Surprisingly, bottom of the intermediate pile. Kind of interesting. I still like him though. He's quite funny, and I like the image he promotes, not just his personality, but the fact that not all idols have to be stick thin too. I really want to hear him sing someday too :< ShinDong deserves an awful lot more love than he gets.


He doesn't suck



7. YehSung

You would have found YehSung at the bottom of the pile a few months ago but... I dunno, he's grown on me so much since I first started getting into Super Junior. I always tend to lean toward deeper voiced singers, and though his voice over emotes for me a lot, and though I feel SM have to remember that just because some of these boys can belt it vocally, doesn't mean they have to, I still put him vocally above a lot of the other boys. Also, his weirdness on EHB contributed XD The boy is not human~ THE PEPPERS! OMG XDD I also felt a few pangs for having ignored him when he made that desperate cry (or KRY 8D Okay, I know, that fails, sorry) for attention a few months back T_T


O.O What is he doing all the way up here?



6. EunHyuk

MASSIVE surprise here. HyukJae I would have thought, would be right below or above Hae in these rankings (since they're basically, ya know, one member in my mind) but at 4 places higher, that's apparantly not the case.... he's pretty multi talented... singer, dancer, rapper... I think I'd like if he sang more and SM stopped forcing raps into every frickin song..... I dunno what to say here @_@; I'm very passive on him, I don't really understand how he ended up this high. I'll put it down to appreciation of his dance skills.


:I



5. KangIn

Ah, KangIn~ Where did it go wrong? You used to be my number one and now, what? Sliding, and it shows no signs of stopping. His personality is great, he's funny, obnoxious, charmingly so, and he seems to have a really good heart too...but I dunno... maybe I've had over exposure. i certainly don't hate him; on the contrary, I still quite like him. But he's not up there like he used to be with me :/


You gorge on those lines boy! 8D



4. KyuHyun

This boy is a sneaky one. I always felt kind of non-descript when it came to him, but when I think about favourites and who I really like, he always pops in somehow. I think he has my favourite voice in the group. I don't know his personality well, but he seems like the quiet and soft type to me. He's not particularly attractive looks wise to me (when I first saw him in U I was like, ew >.o anorexia) but I think he's the kind of guy I'd like as my best friend :3 And there's no escaping his voice~ The KRY memebr I want in SuJu C, even if he does gobble lines


Sexy. that's what it's really about.



3. ShiWon

Considering I have more icons of him than anyone else, I would have though Shi might come out top. But really, it's cause of all his interesting expressions. No ones face is more versatile than Choi Shiwon's XD I really need to download more SuJu clips, because I want to make GIF's of just Shiwon's expression, to use when I post 8D Because they're so wonderfully expressive. What to say that hasn't been said a million times? He's charming, talented, a great all rounder :3 And so damn athletic XD His voice is deep, big plus in my book. He's like perfect, it's scary. And the body *o* Although I'd prefer he put some muscle back on recently, he's looking too dern skinny :/


DO THE SHOULDER BOP 8D



2. LeeTeuk

Another one who just made his way slowly and surely up my rankings. I started off thinking he was just the pretty boy leader who never quite was good enough to debut in the smaller groups, in a similar fashion to HeeChul, but in reality, Teukie's so much more. He's a capable dancer, he's a WAY better singer than people give him credit for. Plus he just seems like so damn much fun to be around. Again, Teuk gifs are needed on this journal. His little shoulder hop dance to YMCA has to be the most amusing thing I've seen in a long time 8D


In Your Suju. Pwning your pretty boys



1. HanKyung

The result I was definite of. Chinaman PWNS baby 8D First view of U, he was the only one I paused on to have a closer look at XD I'm so excited about SuJu C, more attention for my favourite, it's like awesome~ I don't need to say anything else, it'd just be reams and reams of utter spazzing XD

And that's that ^^ Expect Morning Musume ones and AKB48 ones soon despite the fact I know all of three of their members 8D

0 comments: